20 OF MY BIGGEST HEALING TRUTHS
Healing is not only one my greatest passions for my clients, and the work / gifts I'm so able to share, but also for myself. After experiencing over a decade long healing journey with lyme disease, spiritual journeys, natural healing, studying nutrition formally, and working on my own body, and that of others, I've come to experience and bare witness to a a lot of things when it comes to the body, mind, soul.
The truth is I'm still on this journey of healing, I just don't believe it ever truly stops. We literally become new humans every year on a cellular nature. We evolve, grow, become more awakened to new truths, go through valleys, feel physical + emotional pain, new shifts in environmental + spiritual energies, and therefore can't just stay as we are. I'm mean we can, but I feel that life's true richness lies in this evolution. I believe when we feel like we're going through A LOT, that it's calling us to look at things differently, we must learn lessons, pass tests and integrate new truths. This is the beauty of life. When we stay stagnant, stuck, and in fear - it leads to the perfect breeding ground for dis-ease, and illness.
Amongst these themes, and patterns that I see in my practice, and in my own past + current situations lie a lot of unrealistic expectations (we all want quick healing, but my own journey has taught + shown me that's not the case), hurdles, gaps - in body & mind, along with heaps of light, love, deep & intense break throughs.
Ultimately, your body wants you to live your most optimal life, in the healthiest body, as do I.
BUT WE OFTEN DON'T WANT TO ADMIT, DO OR INVEST IN WHAT WE SO KNOW WE NEED. WE RATHER STAY SMALL, STUCK, SICK, INSTEAD OF STEP OUTSIDE OF THE BOX OF WHAT WE KNOW.
We often get lost along the way, lose touch with ourselves/bodies, get overwhelmed, confuse ourselves, go down the endless search of google, worry, wear our bodies down, treat it poorly, instill so much pressure + stress and don't know how to get back.
We are never a victim in a situation, as we have to power to heal + make different choices. I firmly believe that. We are meant to go through our journey's no matter how difficult for a much larger reason. Everything is a gift, and teacher if we see it as so, and we hold the power, any healer holds the SPACE.
HERE ARE SOME OF MY STAPLES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALING THE BODY + MIND, AND SOUL.
See if you resonate with anything, are staying stuck due to fear (fear of the unknown, physical sensations, symptoms, what lies on the other side of your wall / block), etc... What's causing you to stay where you are. Lean into this, question it, and never, ever except anything as is. No diagnosis, no ailment, no symptom. It's simply telling us we need to shift, grow, evolve, step in a new direction (often on a soul / spiritual / mind level). It's calling us to step into our light more, and more.... Are you listening to it?
1. No healing is ever, ever, ever done in isolation. We must get in tune with our bodies, minds, and souls to heal. We simply can't expect an external fix, to an internal problem / symptom / disease.
2. Food is a huge factor, but it's not everything. You can eat broccoli, avocado, kale and sauerkraut for days, but if you haven't done inner foundational work, i.e. gut healing, or don't believe you can heal, you won't be able to absorb the nutrients necessary for not only basic survival, let alone deeper nourishment and for your body to thrive (I want you to thrive, not just survive).
3. Gut health is everything - When working with my beautiful clients, this is usually where we start.
4. Be your own Doctor. This was HUGE in my journey. I went six years undiagnosed, but knew in my gut something was wrong, and I wouldn't stop until I found out why I was feeling the way I was. You know your body best.
5. That being said, we can be so out of tune with our intuition, and what our body truly needs as we're met with a million different diets, lifestyles, supplements, superfoods... it's confusing out there. We must find what works for Us, and Us only.
6. If a diet / lifestyle / working works for your BFF, partner, family member, influencer, celebrity, it doesn't mean it is right for your body, DNA, lifestyle, hormone state. Again, you're 1 in 7 Billion - when we tune into our own unique code we let go of labels, restrictions, staying stuck.
7. It's ok to not be OK. We are not meant to be perfect beings who are 100% all the time. We all go through ups, and downs, that is the journey of it all. When we embrace our valley's, just as much as we celebrate our victories, I believe we're able to get deeper, sustainable and more beautiful healing. Everything here is to teach you to step into your authentic self, and light. We need light beings in this world to shift it. Don't be afraid of your Light. It's needed.
8. Your _______ (disease, illness, symptom, disorder, pain, relationship) is meant to be your teacher. It's telling you something has to shift in body, mind & spirit. It's here to teach you something, it's not bad, evil or out to get you. This is where lots of Work lies, it's not easy, and I will never make it out to be, but man oh man is it worth it x 10. Nothing feels greater than being in control of your body, mind, and soul and shining your light brighter than you ever thought possible.
9. Your body is MADE to heal. It's literally all it wants to do. We simply get disconnected, aren't the best to it (in body & mind), and quite simply don't know what it's trying to tell us.
10. Your bodies language is symptoms. It speaks to us, are you listening? Begin to tune it. What's often presenting as a physical symptom is a mental / emotional / block we must shift.
11. STRESS is the umbrella for almost every ailment, disease, symptom, imbalance, and it's the one thing that will prevent us from achieving optimal health, that, and your mind. If we don't tackle this umbrella, it doesn't matter what we do underneath it.
12. Don't take NO for an answer. Questions, ask, forge your own path... your healing journey will look different from someone else's.
13. Don't compare where you are, to where someone else is - This will cause stagnation in body + mind.
14. Supplements, herbs, etc… are amazing, and I use them both for myself + in my practice, but I use them to supp-lement the most nutrient dense diet, as food will forever and always be our life force. Think back to our primal selves, they didn't have pills and potions. The next best + biggest superfood won't be the magic healing elixir.
15. TRUST that your healing journey will take time, sometimes LOTS of time. This is very hard to face, but without patience, it's very easy to lose sight of the bigger goals, picture, and sustainability of it all. Quick fixes are never, ever, ever sustainable, and can do more damage. If someone where to tell me my healing journey would span over a decade+++, I would have been gob-smacked, but it was & is my truth, and I've embraced it whole-heartedly and wouldn't want it any other way.
16. Your health and body will be your greatest investment. Ever. If we aren't healthy we can't work, be in a healthy relationship, excel, create & live in abundance (physical & mental), travel and live our dream life. Money is energy, and when we invest it in our health, we are gifted in ways we couldn't ever imagine. We put premium fuel into our cars, take care of our homes, clothes, possessions, but where is the block into making you + your body your greatest and best investment.
17. What you think is a physical block / symptom could be a mental / emotional black that stems from childhood where you picked up limiting beliefs / blocks / unhealthy habits / patterns. To heal, we must dig deep, and rewire to help with the physical pain.
18. No journey is walked alone. Back to the healing is never done in isolation... another big one for me, as I was very lonely on my journey. Not because I didn't have people around me, but I chose isolation a lot. I also never connected to any practitioners along my journey, and felt as if I was fighting for myself and my health on the daily. It's why I do what I do today! Everyone deserves to heal, be happy & live their optimal life, and to have the love, support, guidance and undivided attention from a practitioner.
19. Labels are just that, labels. Don't let anything define you. You don't have to put yourself in any box. Through my journey I've tried it all. Vegan (for 8 years), raw vegan, fruitarian, paleo, macrobiotic, raw till 4, 80/10/10, and the list goes on! For so long, I needed something to hold on to. It wasn't until I let go of labels, found out what works best for me ( food wise, but also healing my mind) that I was able to truly, truly, truly heal. I now eat an abundance of organic plants, adore healthy fats that are suited to my body type/ lifestyle, discovered my allergies / intolerances, drink organic bone broth, eat wild fish + lean protein when my body asks for it (I buy local + organic), drink heaps of liquids, meditate, tune into what my body needs when and why, and sync it with my cycle. I'm not anything, but myself. It hasn't been easy, and it's a daily practice ( I tell all my clients, no healing journey is easy), but it's been worth every single second.
20. SELF- LOVE + WORTH - Without both of these, you won't see yourself worthy of healing, and you will continually be met with brick walls. Loving yourself first and foremost before others is 1) not selfish at all, 2) Required to heal
*21. BONUS - Skin is an inside job. Beautiful skin is a balance between working with food, lifestyle, stress, hormones, gut health, supplements specific to you, topical treatments (what you put on your skin is 20% of the equation), happiness (you can see the glow of happy people), sleep, digging up blocks, healing in unison with body and mind. My skin took a good 4 years to heal, and only really started to heal, heal this past year. Again, no quick fix or solution! But sustainable healing.
There are so, so, so many more, but these are the ones that came to me, and flowed out of my mind + finger tips to you.
Once you're able to truly recognize your gifts, light and power that you have within you, you will become truly unstoppable.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING TO TAKE THIS HEALING TO A DEEPER LEVEL. I WORK PRIVATELY 1-1 IN MY PRACTICE, VIA IN PERSON SESSIONS (TORONTO) OR VIA SKYPE (WORLDWIDE). LET'S CONNECT - I WOULD BE HONOURED TO WORK WITH YOU ON ANY LEVEL YOU SO DESIRE + RESONATE WITH.
IF 1:1 IS NOT RIGHT, RN, THAN FOUNDATIONS WAS DESIGNED FOR YOU. A 4 WEEK ONLINE COURSE TO TAKE THE ABOVE AND EXPAND ON IT TEN FOLD. TAPPING YOU DEEPER INTO YOUR SELF + MIND + BODY, TO LAY YOUR FOUNDATION…