LIEFSTYLE: USHERING IN A NEW YEAR
I feel so full of love and happiness after switching off for a few days, spending time with loved ones and family, not holding down a routine and making no commitments. This is what I love about the holidays so much!
But the time has come to say goodbye to 2015, get back to work and enter into a bright and fresh New Year, and I couldn't be more excited. I have a feeling that 2016 is going to be quite magical, every New Year is, but for some reason this one feels different in the best way possible.
I know this is the time of year where Resolutions run deep, but I'm not a huge believer in them, in the traditional sense. I'm constantly working on myself 365 days a year, which is like a eternal resolution! I don't negate them or think resolutions are useless, I think it's different for everyone. Whatever works best for you keep on doing it! I work better with goals, and making a slower transition into them.
I like to make goals or a list of things that I want to work on, accomplish and achieve over the span of the year. Goals give us direction. They put a powerful force into play on a universal, conscious, and subconscious level. Goals give our life direction, instead of hard and fast rules and strict resolutions. Instead ask yourself:
What would you like to have happen in your life this year? What would you like to do, to accomplish? What good would you like to attract into your life? What particular areas of growth would you like to have happen to you? What would you like to attain? Little things and big things? Where would you like to go? What would you like to have happen in friendship and love? What would you like to have happen in your family life? What would you like to happen in your career?
Write it down. Take a piece of paper, a few hours of your time, and write it all down - as an affirmation of you, your life, and your ability to choose. Then let it go. This is the most important point. Consciously put it out there, but do not stress over them. Release it to the Universe, and live your life.
So in saying this I thought I would share a few of things that I've written. To release it into the world, and to work towards my goals one step at a time. Talk and dreaming is great, but it is action that will propel you forward.
1. Launch my New Website - After 3 years of this website it/I'm beyond ready for a makeover :) This has been a few months in the making and I couldn't be happier. I don't want to rush it so expect a brand new, more interactive, easier to navigate site come February 2016. More details to come...
2. Read more - I giggle to myself (so will my BF but he will laugh out loud) when I write this because I believe it is my goal every single year. I read quite a bit (A LOT of articles online) and some books, but I find that I try to read too many books at once and usually have at least 2 on the go. I also find that I lose steam halfway through. Either the story or book wasn't what I thought it was and leaves me quite bored or life gets in the way a bit. I thoroughly enjoy reading though and am going to pare down my book to just one, only read books that I want and read less online and more hardcover books.
3. Release my E-BOOK in 2016 - I'm not going to name a specific date, month or season as the moment I did this, I found myself resisting to finish it. It was supposed to come out last year, but it wasn't the right time and I can see that now! This year is it though, I can feel it. It's amazing how life happens and in the moment you can't see it, but after it all makes sense. I can't wait to share this special project with you guys. It's a piece of my heart and soul.
4. Make our loft more of a home - My boyfriend and I have kept our home quite minimal in design and nature. And while I lean more towards a minimalistic design, we are very simple! We have both spoken about making things a bit more 'homey' this year. I believe this will come with a few good compromises as I'm a tad more contemporary and minimalistic in esthetic, but I do want it to be warm, welcoming and comforting. A good balance will be found :)
5. Eat more protein - This will be in the form of greens, spirulina, seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seed butter, hemp seeds), wild organic salmon, organic chicken (yes, I've been eating small amounts of sustainable chicken). My body was craving it non-stop for a week which was my body telling me something. I sat with it, meditated on it, and after a week of cravings I decided to have a small amount of quality chicken. It had been over eight years and my body really, really liked it. I don't eat it all the time, and at most it's once a week or even once every two weeks. But after almost a decade of being a vegan, my body shifted in its protein needs and source and I'm 10000% ok with this. I'm all about listening to my body, tuning into what it needs, and sourcing the best, most organic and sustainable protein I can find.
6. Put myself out there, grow my business, make more recipes, take more photos - I'm lumping all of these in one and leaving it at that! This is in conjunction with my new website and will evolve organically as my plans unfold.
7. Take more mini vacations, weekend getaways and plan more holidays - This past year was non-stop and I the longest vacation I had was this Christmas which was 4 days! A little crazy I know. So this year is calling for more planned time off, road trips, vacation, getaways and romantic weekends away :)
These are my top goals, but each day I'm learning, growing, evolving and working on myself. I want to shed habits that are not serving me anymore, and simply let go and most important of all: Be in the NOW.
All of this is shrouded in love and grace, and I'm not putting intense pressure on myself to attain things by a certain date and time. But it doesn't mean that I won't be working hard, putting in the time and taking small steps each day.
Here is to a magical year filled with love, growth, challenges, fun, laughter and letting go.