LIFESTYLE: HOW TO WELCOME THE FALL EQUINOX
Tomorrow marks a shift, a change in seasons, the letting go of what was, embracing the now, this moment and what will be for the next six months.
I simply adore the change of summer to Fall, as I've always felt comfort in cooler temperatures (I was born in the Fall!), the crispness in the air and the 'slower' pace of the universe. Fall has a more 'yin' energy to it, where it allows people to refocus, realign and set intentions for the upcoming year. I find it even more energizing and inspiring than the first day of the year.
If the term Fall Equinox is completely foreign, here’s a few facts to be aware of:
- It always occurs on September 22, 23 ,or 24th.
- The sun shines directly on the equator making day & night equal all over the world (or almost equal).
- The sun enters Libra during this time which is symbolized by balanced scales
- Fall Equinox is the point of balance between Summer & Winter Solstices which are the longest and shortest days of the year.
With the coming days shifting from light to dark, the Fall Equinox is the perfect opportunity for reflection and introspection. It’s a time to draw inward, dive deep into yourself, and refocus on what’s important and meaningful. I urge you to do the following activities to help cultivate a sense of awareness, focus, and most importantly – balance.
REFLECTION + INTROSPECTION :
Today or use the rest of the week and weekend to reflect on the questions below. Grab a journal, a cup of tea and not only reflect, but manifest what you want to see these next six months.
- What have you achieved this year?
- What positive seeds have you harvested?
- What negative seeds have you harvested?
- Why have you been successful in some areas and not others?
- What can you do differently for the future?
- Who has helped you achieve your goals this past year?
- How can you thank these people?
- What areas of your life need more balance?
- How can you transition to a lifestyle of balance?
- What are your dreams, goals, and aspirations for the coming new year?
MEDITATIONS + INTENTIONS:
- Wake up fifteen to twenty minutes early a few times a week to meditate /journal/reflect on the above - What is it that you want for the year ahead? And I mean truly want, we have the power to manifest and play out our dreams.
- Commit to journaling daily. This could mean five minutes in the morning and five at night, or carving out a time on the weekend to reflect, sit down with your goals, and slowly start your plan of action
- If you don't meditate, how about trying to just sit for ten minutes every day - you don't have to follow any rules, just see what comes up! I love what Tony Robbins says about carving out ten minutes a day - "If you don’t have 10 minutes for yourself, you don’t have a life"
- Manifestation, meditation, and priming yourself are all wonderful, but how do these unfold into ACTION, what are the steps you're going to take? How do your days look, who is around you, what are you doing day in and day out to get you to where you want to be, or the person you know you can be? Words, thoughts and affirmations are powerful, but what are they without action? I encourage each and every one of you to follow through on ONE dream, goal and aspiration for the upcoming year - What does it look like and what are the steps you can start taking now to get you there.... That is the beauty of it all, we don't just wake up one morning and 'poof' everything is before us, it's those small, minuscule steps, actions that allow you to take the biggest leaps.
HAPPY FALL EQUINOX ALL! What are you doing to dream, build and create in 2017? I know I have some loafty goals and dreams ahead, so we're in this together.
Have a beautiful day,