NUTRITION: THE MINIEST REBOOST YOU CAN START TODAY!
I'm all about simplicity. The simpler the better.
According to ancient Ayurvedic practice, Spring/Summer is the best time of year to detox and reset. As the weather warms, shedding the excess kapha dosha, or protective fluid, is a crucial part of the transformation. This is the ideal time to clear out those heavy foods from your rotation and toxins that accumulated over the past few months.
This resetting process allows us to feel lighter and more vibrant as we being hit the outdoors again. For a successful mini boost, follow these super easy + simple steps //
1. Drink tons of water. Start every day with a large glass of room temperature water with lemon. This will help clean out the liver, prepare your system for digestion, and hydrate your body. Continue drinking lots and lots of water (and/or herbal tea) throughout the day.
2. Focus on eating just three meals a day.
Eating too frequent can zap your energy, as digestion in itself, is extremely taxing on your body. Give it a mini break and just eat three vibrant, wholesome and filling meals.
Include liver-supporting foods such as dandelion greens, raw garlic, grapefruit, avocado, beets, carrots, artichokes, etc. You can also add spices such as turmeric, cumin, cayenne and coriander as they assist with digestion and detoxing.
3. Avoid gluten, dairy, sugar and other processed foods.
See if you can go a week without!!! Just one week (In my upcoming ebook reset all I ask is for five solid days) These foods are hard to digest and will take the attention of your immune system and other systems needed for detoxing. Skip coffee and alcohol, too if you can!
4. Eat a light and early dinner. Dinner should be the smallest meal of the day as your metabolism starts to slow after 5pm. It can be some lightly cooked veggies, raw salad and a piece of protein, or a hearty soup, or just a large salad with lots of veggies, avocado and some beans. And, I know it sounds like the early bird special, but try not to eat two to three hours before bed. This can make a huge difference in your sleep, and overall vitality when you wake up.
5. Get sweaty! Now that jacket season is behind us, go outside and move. Walk, bike, dance, do yoga, run, or skip. You should also hit the sauna or take hot baths with Epsom salt. A good sweat is a great way to rid the body of toxins.
6. Breathe deeply. Do some deep breathing exercises to detox the mind and lungs. Try breathing in for four seconds, holding for seven seconds and exhaling for eight. Repeat four times in the morning and four times at night. Breathing might seem too simple for it to even be beneficial, BUT it can have a massive impact on your hormone levels, especially when it comes to lowering cortisol. When you breathe deeply, your body recognizes that your safe, and doesn't need to release an excess of cortisol in your system.
Deep breathing is truly life changing!
7. Go to sleep early.
Aim for 9PM if you're used to 9:30/10pm
Aim for 10PM if you're used to 10:30/11pm
Aime for 10:30PM if you're used to 11pm-Midnight
During a reboost, it’s very important to get proper rest. Our body rests and repairs itself over night. So, it’s crucial to provide it with sufficient down time.
Between the hours of 10PM-2AM is when our bodies do the most healing!
8. Love yourself through it all
These aren't hard and fast rules, and this isn't meant to be strict. Unless you're healing form a serious illness, ailment or disease, you can allow more fluidity (zig + zagging) into your life.
Yes, this should be your foundation, but if you have that small dessert, or glass of wine, or a few pieces of dark chocolate, it's ok. No one is judging you, often times we are our own worst critics, so you truly only have your inner demons / voice to tame.
Self-love can be the hardest thing to discover and uncover, but often times it's the most beneficial and beautiful thing.
If you would like to know more about my ebook which will have my complete 5 DAY GLOW RESET in it, or be the first know the release date, AND get a special code / discount, you can sign up for my newsletter on the home page, and you will be in the glow!!!
I look forward to connecting!
Have a beautiful weekend.
HAPPY friday FRIENDS,
love & light,