RECIPE: INNER BEAUTY SMOOTHIE
Smoothies never seem to fail me. I can drink one almost anytime of the day, and find they make the perfect breakfast. If I'm in a pinch and know that I will be out all day then I make a superfood + jam packed smoothie to go for lunch!
The trick is balancing out all of your macronutrients, and not making it too heavy on fruits, but adding heaps of veggies, a dose of healthy fats, and a protein of choice.
Further you want to make sure you are drinking your smoothies at a slower pace for ease of digestion and assimilation. If you think of everything that you put into it, it would take you around 15-20 minutes to eat that amount of food, so take this into account and sip it over a longer period instead of gulping! You will experience less bloating (which many people tend to experience with smoothies), and the assimilation of all the vital nutrients and vitamins will be absorbed better.
I created this 'Beauty in a Pill smoothie' the other day for breakfast, and it left me super nourished, happy and ready to take on my day.
BEAUTY IN A GLASS SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries (high in ORAC value which means they are a major antioxidant)
- half of a frozen banana (high in potassium)
- 1/2 cup water + 1/2 cup chilled green tea (hydration + metabolism boosting)
- 1 small zucchini (extremely hydrating + mineral rich - high in Vitamin C which is essential for skin repair and healthy collagen production)
- 1 TBSP Vitamineral Green Powder (the superpower of all greens! Blood building, detoxifying, anti-inflammatory...)
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon ( key for blood sugar balancing - when you have fruit in your smoothie, add a touch of cinnamon to balance the natural sugars)
- 1 TSP Raw protein powder (contains all essential amino acids)
-3 brazil nuts (high in selenium - key mineral for healthy and happy hormones & thyroid function)
* when it was in the blender I decided to add 1 TSP of chia seeds to thicken it a bit more!
Blend on high!
Have a wonderful Monday!