LET KINDNESS BE YOUR SUPERHERO POWER.
A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. Steve Maraboli
I truly believe that kindness is a choice. The more conditioned we are to respond with kindness, the more natural it becomes.
So lets all be more active in our efforts - NOT because we have to, but because we want to. And not because we've experienced kindness from others, but because being kind is the way of the heart.
Some things to do daily to practice kindness :
- Use social media to promote positive messaging and compassion. Stand up for kindness.
- Give someone a genuine compliment.
- Hugs can be the best things in the world! Offer a hug or embrace for no reason.
- Make peace with someone who has hurt you.
- Say thank you and please every day without fail.
- Listen. To a friend, to the cashier at the grocery store, we forget that listening is a gift. We all just want to be heard and stand up for something...
- Help someone out in a practical way, such as offering help moving, cleaning up or babysitting.
- Don't complain - we truly have no reason.
- Be an encourager
- Smile it can make someones day!
- Volunteer or give your time to someone in need
- Send a kind e-mail or card just because
- Start a conversation with a stranger
- I know this sounds silly - but let someone in your lane when driving. I see TOO many people block of other people just to be ONE car in front of them... take a deep breath and let them in.
- Be generous with your words
- Pay for someones coffee behind you! Honestly just a simple thing, but it can make someones day/week
- Say "I love you" more often to your family and friends.
- Serve as a mentor. Generously share what you know and make it easier for someone else.
- Practice self-love and self-care for yourself! Offer the same kindness to yourself that you would others
love & light,