LIFESTYLE: ADVENTURES IN NEW YORK CITY.
NEW YORK CITY. You are a beauty.
I hadn't been back for years, and you welcomed me (us) with open arms. We had such a blissful, love filled, soulful, adventurous + positive vibe filled journey. Everywhere we went we buzzed with love, delight & wonder...people we came across could feel this energy!!! We just love, love & life so, so much.
We filled our bodies, mind and spirit with the BEST juices, salads, veggies & sweat sessions NYC has to offer. We got lost in city streets, danced in a bar while drinking champagne out of tea cups, ate raw chocolate macaroons + the best chocolate bar ever, sweated + toned our bods with a trainer to the VS ladies, drank copious amounts of our favorite coffee at our favorite cafe / shop ever, and simply delighted in the beauty of our sisterhood. Bounded for life, and forever soul sisters.
Here are some of our favorite places in the city! We had many more places we wanted to go, and things we wanted to do, but promised we would be back soon and would continue this journey . . .
1) SATURDAYS SURF - Best cafe, coffee, period. They have a back garden that rivals all others in the city (If you've been you know what I mean). The vibe there, the dudes who own it, everything about it leaves you buzzing with heart, soul + community.
2) THE BUTCHERS DAUGHTER - DELICIOUS vegan or non-vegan Brunch /lunch/dinner (they serve eggs) that focuses on whole, plant-based, organic food! We had the b e s t brunch there after our workout. The kale salad (pictured above) was divine. Massaged kale caesar, avocado, & baked shallots. DELIGHTFUL.
3) MODEL FIT - Our FAVORITE sweat session. A bit of background info - "Directing the fitness classes is Justin Gelband, dubbed “The Model Whisperer” by T Magazine after years of working with some of the most recognizable Victoria’s Secret Angels, Sports Illustrated swimsuit models and other high-profile clients. His signature modelFIT workouts incorporate a mix of Pilates, Yoga, movement, motion, balance stability, functional training and more." We two classes by justin himself, and one with his sister. The movements were SOOOO small, and calculated. Some didn't even feel like you were doing anything, but you were. We took some moves + tools with us so we can continue our MF workouts!
4) TOMS COFFEE ROASTERS- Are you guys familiar with the shoes? One for One. Buy a pair of shoes, and a child in Africa receives a pair? "Coffee for you, water for all. As a company, we're in business to help improve lives. Our latest mission helps our customers provide the most basic human need. That’s why with every bag of coffee you purchase, TOMS will give one week of clean water to a person in need. One for One.® With TOMS Roasting Company coffee lovers can help provide a daily need every time they brew a cup of our coffee. That's something we can all drink to." We were looking for another 'top' coffee shop we had looked into before we left, but when we set out to look for it, we had found it was closed from the girls at Rag & Bone, and they guided us here which was a minute stop from the shop! It ended up being our first coffee in the city, and it the vibe couldn't have been more perfect.
5) REFORMATION: My favorite shop!!! I finally got my dress (the flower one in the pictures!) I can't get over their mission, values + practices as a company. I don't think their is anything like it out there. We source sustainable fabrics and vintage garments, and incorporate sustainable practices throughout our supply chain to make beautiful styles at a fraction of the environmental impact generated by most fashion brands. From our heat-reflecting roof and use of renewable energy, to the recycled hangers in our stores and 100% recycled packaging for every order shipped, sustainability is core to our business at every level. It is our goal to raise awareness around the impact fashion has on the environment and at the same time offer sustainable solutions and choices. It is our mission to lead and inspire a sustainable way to be fashionable. Join the Reformation. Read more about them on their website! I was happy that it was warm enough to wear, and plan to frolic around in it all summer long!
6) JUICE PRESS- Our favorite juice company in the city! We went back every single day, and still couldn't get enough. The flavors, smoothness, variety, mission statement, e v e r y t h i n g! I got addicted to the Green Giant. If you happen to go, buy this one. ASAP.
7) HU KITCHEN- I (WE) have no words for this place. We first of all ate our body weight in their brussel sprouts. I've never tasted anything like it. They are soooooo good. Our first day there we had 3 courses aka we went down for more food 3 times! I can't explain how food the food is, so I will leave it up to them . . .
Hu Kitchen is the first ultra-high quality restaurant and market 100% committed to making this dream a reality. We’re a haven for all things human - not just a place to grab food but a destination, a trusted partner in the shared goal of reclaiming what it means to eat and live deliciously. At Hu, every mouthful has been vetted to meet the highest standards, crafted and honed from the synthesis of everything we’ve learned about the benefits of pre-industrial diets. But the results of our self-experimentation and research will be behind the scenes. We are going to give you something awesome to eat, and then we’re going to blow your mind when you look at the ingredients.
And that’s where we stand. No compromise. No sacrifice.
We make food for humans and, frankly, we think it’s about time someone did. It isn’t as glamorous as a pill or a fad diet. It probably won’t sell books. We’re OK with that. We’re not here to make a quick buck in the same tired food space. We’re not here to be just another shelf in the megastore of “healthy” food products. We’re here to start a revolution.
This is but a glimpse into our adventures, but it sums it up quite nicely! This trip will forever be imprinted in my heart, mind & soul. I will cherish it always, and look forward to our next trip to the city to visit friends + dream + get inspired + explore.
Let me know if you've been to any of this places or if you have any others you would like to share!
Happy Wednesday Beauties!
love & light