LIFESTYLE: HOW TO BE HAPPY + ZEN
JUNE 1ST. New month. GOOD Vibes. Great things ahead. I always love the beginning of a new month. It's no different than any other day. But starting a new month, on a monday, with joyful vibz makes it all the better! This morning I felt the push to jot down the things that constantly bring me happiness + zen. Some are the simplest of things, others a little grander. No one greater or less than the one before it. They all bring me into balance.
To me, ZEN means feeling balanced. I think a bit of chaos is sometimes necessary in life to keep you focused and motivated, but it is also important to find time to take care of yourself and relax as well. Loving yourself is paramount in finding inner peace and balance. But for me although this is first and foremost, I am a nurturer to the core. I am not myself if I can't take care of others, it is my purpose and passion. All of that aside though, these are a few things I do to promote happiness + a feeling of ZEN.
Here’s what I do:
1. Sleep 8 hours a night. 7 is ok, 9 is ideal. Usually it's 8.
2. Try to keep in daily contact with friends and family, even just to check in. Sometimes a simple emoji is all you need to tell a friend you are thinking about them.
3. Kale salad and raw chocolate are not mutually exclusive. Eat everything in moderation.
4. Take a bath after a long day. Even if its late I know sometimes I need some time to myself before I go to sleep. I like to use Epsom salts and coconut oil.
5. Be grateful for everything, and educate yourself on what is happening in the world to stay humble and not take anything for granted.
6. Drink a green juice a day.
7. Compliment people. Don't let a day go by where I don't tell someone how great they are, that I love their hair, smile, shirt, that they are looking good! This includes strangers and friends.
8. Working out in some way. Usually it's Ballet Beautiful. Maybe it's a skip. Or most often than not it's just a long walk. I adore walking.
9. Writing on here. Connecting, sharing, exploring and communicating with all of you makes me happy beyond belief.
10. Cooking people healthy food and connecting + sharing this with loved ones.
11. Traveling. Even if it's a day trip, weekend trip, weeklong journey...
12. Getting into nature + exploring.
13. Dogs + Children.
14. Just being with my love. Sleeping, playing, eating, exploring, reading... all of it and more.
15. Meditating. Being Still. Moving meditations. Praying. Manifesting.
My wish for you - I hope you have an a m a z i n g month ahead! I have SUCH good vibes, and have a feeling big things are going to happen.
Happy Monday Beauties!
love & light