LIFESTYLE: MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
How you get your day started can dictate a lot of things, especially on a Monday! Here are a few of the simple things to get you going. It's all about adding the small things in a little at a time instead of focusing on monumental tasks and things that overwhelm you, and in turn you never do.
Start small, start simple:
1. Wake up your metabolism with a sweaty circuit and a protein rich breakfast. My staples include ballet beautiful or skipping and a protein packed smoothie.
2. Do the yucky stuff first. Take care of the things you are dreading the most, so you don’t waste mental space prepping yourself to do them, then procrastinating about them.
3. Take an idea to the real world. Begin a task you’ve been cooking up for ages. Do part of something, it’s better than doing nothing. (i.e my Book!)
4. Learn to say no when you know you have to get things done or need you time. Even if it’s hard, try to set limits and boundaries.
5. Meditate or just Breathe for 5-10 minutes every morning.
6. Look years younger and more beautiful— smile.
7. Sneak extra nutrients into your meals by adding a superfood: blueberries to your breakfast, chia seeds to your salad, kale to your smoothie. Don't focus on all of things you have to take out, focus on the good things you can simple add to your meals! Slowly the others will fall away...
8. Stretch every day.
9. Take five minutes out of your day to be thankful for the big things and the little things.Gratitude can change your life.
10. Chunk your to-dos into similar categories then label them urgent or non-urgent. Attend to the urgent ones first then work your way through the categories.
11. Count your rainbows not your thunderstorms. Surround yourself with positive people and positive energy.
12. Listen to an interesting podcast or ebook while traveling to work.
13. Put it in ink. Bring old-school back. Block out your workouts (and everything else) like appointments in your diary.
14. Ask for help when you need it, it’s more than okay.
15. Set aside a certain amount of time each day for me time. This could be an hour or 15 minutes but do whatever you like, be crazy about it.
Have an amazing start to your week!