NUTRITION: MY SKIN SECRETS, REGIME + TIPS
I wanted to talk about skin today as it's something I'm extremely passionate about. After suffering from cystic acne for years during the depths of Lyme Disease, I understand how it feels and what it takes to heal the skin from the inside out, and really dig deep on a cellular level.
Skin is thee largest organ and is a true reflection to what is going on inside of us. When our internal environment is not happy, our skin will reflect this. Think of every single food and beverage that you put into your body as building blocks for your cells. These not only help build and sustain your essential and life giving organs, but for your skin, hair and nails play a part in cell production and nourishment. The last three actually are the last receivers of all the beautiful nutrients you are eating, so if you are lacking in essential vitamins and minerals it will 100% show on the outside.
Part of my Holistic Nutrition and Lifestyle practice is healing skin, and helping others truly live 'beauty from within'. We are bombarded with millions of advertisements, products and promotions. This product will erase this problem, this cream will solve everything. Don't get me wrong natural products are a very important piece of the puzzle as what you put on your skin soaks into your blood stream. I will forever stress that You are what you you eat, and think. I truly believe and live by the fact that glowing skin, luscious and shiny hair and strong nails will come from inside. I want to take the 'vainty' away from it, and emphasize your right to feel your best! It's okay to want nice skin, shiny and thick hair and a glowing complexion. It's not vain or egotistical, it's self love and loving your body and wanting to treat it with the utmost love and care.
This post idea came to me on my Birthday as I turned another year older, yet I always get told I look a whole lot younger than I am. People can't believe when I tell them my age! I'm really proud to say that I turned 31, when I get compliments on my skin. I'm a woman and I took care of myself. My body is precious, and I want it to be the best it can be, and I don't shy away from the fact that I take pride in looking after myself - body, mind and spirit.
I want to be real with you, because I want to help you! So I thought I would share some of my tips, rules and regime:
* Firstly, don't touch your skin, because your hands have a lot of bacteria. I also believe in always washing your hands, because everywhere we're touching things.
* Never try to push a pimple. If you have one, the best thing you can do is to take a pure alcohol or tea tree oil on a Q-tip, and delicately touch it. And leave it alone! This is something I'm working on now.
* Sunscreen +45 everyday, rain or shine.
* I'll often make myself a natural mask with honey and avocado, or I'll make a mask with oats and milk - oats are very good as a scrub to cleanse the skin. I also like pure oils - like rosehip oil and avocado oil. I'll warm a very small amount into my hands and rub it in for a few minutes giving myself a facial massage.
* This is something new I'm trying. When I wake up, I wash my face only with water, and I take a small towel and dab it gently.
* In the evening I use all natural charcoal soap
* I also like to make a hot bath for my skin: combine some oils and herbs and let the pores open, and then use a towel afterwards to gently dab the skin.
* Make-up is also very important because it can clog your skin, and you don't want your skin to be clogged. I only use RMS Make up as it's 100% natural, organic and its base it coconut oil.
* Then vitamins, because vitamins nourish your skin from the inside out. Vitamin E, A, all the omegas, and fish oil are all very important (choose vegetarian Omega 3's if you can, if not make sure the source is very pure as fish oil can have ALOT of mercury in it) - and also I like to take gelatin because it contains collagen. I eat a lot of avocado, and wild small oily fish because your skin is built from these oils. Healthy fat is what will make your skin glow! You need to care for the skin from inside.
* I drink a lot, a lot, a lot of water, I like hot water and lemon to clear the skin. Don't smoke, and I don't drink alcohol at all. I'm 31 and I have not one wrinkle (a few small crinkles under the eye because they are deep set), and I believe this has a large part to play in it. It's all about being very delicate with your skin and treating your skin like it's your best friend. I think some of the biggest agers are smoking and alcohol. Don't party too much, don't take drugs: you get the face you deserve. This isn't to be militant (I'm lots of fun still!), just something that I've observed and practiced.
I have many more things I do, but keep it very, very simple. Less is always more. This might seem like a lot already, but it is finding what works for you! Food and what you put in your mouth will always be #1, always.
I work 1-1 with women just like you all over the world to help optimizer their health, reach goals, feel and look amazing! If you would like further help with your skin, or a FREE 20 minute Discovery session with me to see if we would be a good team, than please send me an e-mail or contact me HERE. to chat about how we can work together and take the first step to make this your healthiest and happiest year.