LIFESTYLE: UPDATE ON BALLET BEAUTIFUL CHALLENGE
This is going to be a good week.
I haven't updated you guys on my Ballet Beautiful challenge recently. To be honest I don't even think it's a challenge anymore, as so much of a every day workout (with taking off Sundays sometimes, but still doing 1-2 videos). WHY? Because I LOVE it that much. It's changed m a n y things about my body and mind.
So coming up on April 8th it will be 6 full months that I've done it 7 (some weeks 6), but mostly 7 days a week! When I look back upon my dancing days this is nothing, as I would find myself at the studio 5-6 days a week for up to 3-4 hours a night. BUT for me, right now this is quite a bit. I've also incorporated a pilates reformer class (Lagree) once a week, but for the most part it's been ALL Ballet, ALL the time, and I've loved it ALL.
I could wax poetic about it, but to keep this to the point, without boring you, because I know for some Ballet can be boring. I know because I've yawned through a couple of Ballet's myself! THIS workout is different. It's hard to even call it a workout, because it delves deeper into your body, how you feel about it, and sometimes you don't even have to get up off the Mat!
What I've noticed / realized / what has changed //
- It's nostalgic - I started ballet as soon as I could walk. It brings me back to my dancing days + time spent with my mama.
- Mary Helen Bowers is UNREAL. I don't know her personally, but you can just tell through the screen how beautiful of a person she is, inside and out. Her voice is soft, delicate, and she counts you through everything! She is amazing! She makes the workouts look like n o t h i n g when in actuality they are killer.
- Soft piano music. During the week I'm starting my workouts around 6am, so the soft echoes of the piano + classic music is bliss.
- My Body Has CHANGED. What she says about her workouts (if you dedicate yourself to at least 4+ hours a week) is TRUE. You will lengthen, lean + tone. I've noticed LOTS of lengthening of my muscles, especially my legs, arms and my core. I danced for over 16 years, and although I was very tiny (genes, metabolism), I never had my muscles + body like this before. I think this is because I was doing other modalities, that 'bulked' up my muscles a bit (a bit of running, jazz, workout out at the gym). And by NO WAY do I mean big and bulky, but I build muscle easily so I would just notice it more. To sum it up - ballet beautiful + Mary Helen has changed my body.
- I feel more feminine and confident in my own skin. Without delving TOO deep ( right now anyways, as I feel this might be a good post!) I lost all of my confidence, femininity + sexual energy when I got really sick. It affected me mentally, and physically (Not to mention the crazy weight gain) and since starting this challenge all of that has literally melted away . . . I feel strong, confident, feminine and more sexy. When doing ballet you work A lot on your posture + core and how you hold your body. I feel that body language is huge when we communicate with others and our surroundings.
- Reduction of cellulite. I know this is more surface than anything, but I want to share my f u l l experience with you. The workouts realllllly target your butt + back of your legs + thighs. Because of this I've noticed a huge change in this area.
- Sometimes you don't sweat OR have to get off the mat. These workouts are p e r f e c t for those days when you maybe feel a bit more rundown or just really want to target specific muscles (i.e Her Hip & Thigh workout is one of my person favorites!).
- I look forward to my ballet beautiful sessions everyday, and have never dreaded it once. IF I'm more tired, I know my body needs a break, I listen to it, and maybe won't do anything, but most often than not I lay out my mat, start breathing, and just do 1-2 videos. I feel AMAZING after!
- Yes I've noticed a huge physical transformation, I swear she turns you into a Ballerina, for me it was v e r y mental + emotional. I feel more free, and confident in my body and myself, and to me that is most important. I've always been an extremely disciplined and dedicated girl / woman, even when I was a wee one, so this workout / lifestyle comes very natural. That being said though you don't have to have ANY background in dance OR ballet. Nothing. She guides you through everything, and you can start off slow. Just like anything in life, the more you practice the better you will BE.
I'm not affiliated with Ballet Beautiful in anyway, I just love it that much!!
It's all about getting outside of your comfort zone, and outside of your head. I honestly think this is a workout I will be doing for a very, very, very long time because it works for me, and my body. It might not do the same for some. Life is ALL about finding out what works best for YOU.
Have a beautiful start to your week
love & light